We had a pretty laid back weekend as usual! Friday afternoon I watched my niece while my brother and sister in law were at work. My mom usually watches her, but she was at a conference in St. Louis so I offered to watch her! Luckily, Ella was asleep for the first two hours she was here so it made things a little easier. I think Autumn got a kick out of the fact that Ella was asleep, and she was not. We had a fun time playing by ourselves until Ella woke up. Ella was raring to go when she woke up and wanted to go ride her bike. I am not sure what I was thinking, but I took them both out on the sidewalk to ride bikes. Things got a little crazy for a second, but I managed to survive with both of them. After playing outside for awhile Penny came to pick up Autumn. I was glad I was able to watch them both without any casualties;) It was a good test for me, and I am not sure I am prepared to have two kids anytime soon!
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to run with Sarah.
We ran 8 miles, and I have the blisters to prove it! We are trying to work our way up to 11 or 12 miles before the half marathon. It definitely takes a lot more time and dedication than I imagined, but I love doing it!
When I got home Ella was impatiently waiting for me to take her to the neighborhood garage sales. She is OBSESSED with garage sales now. It's just another way for her to look at toys. I let her go in her Thomas pj's since it was still early. Ella found a couple of things she liked.
She found this Harley Davidson bike. It has all kinds of buttons to push and has sound. She loves it!
She also spotted a Thomas the Train suitcase. This will be perfect for our Florida trip that is coming up! She has been dragging it around all weekend!
Today we didn't do a whole lot. I actually decided to make breakfast this morning. I am not a fan of making breakfast, but I wanted to try Pioneer Woman's egg in the hole.
I can not believe how much butter she said to put in the pan. I made it just like she said with three, yes three, tablespoons of butter melted in the pan. The bread tasted like pure butter. Adam and I both thought this would be good with a little less butter.
We were able to play outside once the sun came out.
We finished off the weekend with dinner at my parent's house. It's always nice when I don't have to cook! We just have to get through this week, and we will be headed to Florida. I am looking forward to it!










No comments:
Post a Comment