Sunday, September 11, 2011

10K run


This weekend I ran my first 10K (6.2 miles) with Sarah. I was a little nervous even though I was pretty sure I'd do OK considering we have ran farther than this the past couple of weekends. 

We got to the run early enough so we could stretch and take some pictures. As soon as I turned my camera on I realized that I left the battery at home. I have always feared I would do this, and it finally happened! I was SO disappointed considering I am a picture freak! Luckily, Sarah had her camera in her car so we were able to get a few pictures before the run. I was so bummed about it, and it was on my mind a lot of the race. I was so happy to see Adam at the end taking pictures with my camera when we came up to the finish. Aaron and Adam went all the way back to our house to get the battery. Adam must know how important pictures are to me! 

The run itself went pretty well. I thought it was extremely boring since we ran straight down riverside to waterworks road. It was pretty much nothing but corn fields. I felt good until the end, and then I started feeling a little sick. 

Heading for the finish line after almost an hour of running!


 Shortly before I almost lost my breakfast! 


Next up is the half marathon in St. Louis on October 23rd. I am terrified just thinking about it, but we have a lot of time to work up to it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...