I am sure this blog makes my life look sugar coated sometimes, but that is because I only choose to put positive things (most of the time) on here. Things aren't always as they seem. Ella is not always in a good mood and well behaved. I have days where I seriously think I am going to lose it if I don't get away from her. I know that sounds horrible, but that is just the truth. This weekend has been especially trying with Ella.
We planned to go to the pumpkin patch Saturday morning. I was excited to take her, because I thought it would be a great activity for a child her age. The battle began at bath time when she thought she was going to get out of the bath tub without getting her hair washed. It continued when I tried to put her clothes on. After she calmed down we were off for what I was hoping to be a pleasant visit to the pumpkin patch.
There were a ton of people there yesterday. As soon as we got there we took a hayride to pick out our pumpkin. Ella was less than thrilled about this. All she was worried about was going down the big slide in the corn maze. Needless to say I ended up picking out our pumpkin while Ella whined and cried about wanting to slide.
Look at that face;)
Have you ever tried reasoning with a two year old? Not.going.to.happen.
Her one attempt to pick out a pumpkin, before she ran back to the tractor.
The look on her face says it all.... :)
After the hayride was over we headed to the corn maze so she could slide. She did really enjoy the slide...until it was time to leave!
After some lunch we went home for what I was hoping to be a long nap while I went and took pictures for someone. Ella ended up sleeping for 30 minutes and woke up screaming bloody murder. I was not home so Adam was left to deal with this. He did call me, but there wasn't much I could do since I was not home. Luckily, I was close to being finished so I sped home to see what was going home. As soon as I hit the driveway he told me we were going to the playground. I was already exhausted since I had been going since 7am, but I put a smile on my face and went anyway.
We did have a really good time at the playground. Ella went down the big slide a million times. It still makes me nervous, but she loves it!
She may be a little hellion every once in awhile, but she is still the cutest thing ever!
After a very long day we almost had a minor disaster before bedtime. I put my SD card in my computer to upload all the pictures I took that afternoon. While they were uploading Ella came in and sat down at my computer. Adam saw that it said the pictures were erasing so he hit cancel. Needless to say I freaked out and thought they were gone. I don't care if my pictures are gone, but I would die if I lost someone else's pictures. I had visions in my head of having to call Lauren and tell her all the pictures had been deleted. Talk about humiliating! I almost had a nervous break down. Luckily Adam found them, and they were all there. My computer is staying locked from now on.
Needless to say it wasn't the best weekend, but we did pack in a lot of fun things. I try to remind myself that this is just a "season" of my life, and this phase will pass. Even though Ella can throw some major fits and act atrocious I wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world. She will only be this age once, and I need to try to enjoy the good and see light in the bad. I constantly remind myself that even though today was bad doesn't mean tomorrow will be. Sometimes that is what gets me through a day. Being a parent is not easy, but it's definitely the most rewarding job you will ever have.


















No comments:
Post a Comment