Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend before Halloween

We kicked off Halloween with a Halloween party at my in-law's and trick or treating in downtown Evansville. 

We bundled up and head to Winslow Saturday afternoon after what should have been Ella's nap, but she decided she didn't need one. When we got there Ella of course got a bag of goodies from Ma and Papaw. We also took a little ride on the four wheeler before everyone got there. Ella really loves to do that. Once it got dark and pretty chilly Ella mostly wanted to hang out inside. I was expecting this so I was not surprised. I was able to enjoy a couple roasted hot dogs and a smore. Right before we left Ella bundled up and went on a hay ride with "Aunt Cey Cey." I think she liked it until they got down the road, and then she was ready to head back. We had a fun time at the party, and Ella was exhausted and ready for bed when we got home. 



Adam decided to bring Ella's bouncy horse up by the fire since all she wanted to do was ride it. 

Sunday afternoon we went trick or treating with my parents downtown. It was really crowded, but Ella had a lot of fun trick or treating. I am sure she will be so excited to go again tomorrow when we take her around the neighborhood.  She is going as a lady bug this year. Unfortunately, she won't wear the leotard/tutu that goes with the rest of her costume. It's really cute, but I think it is a little too girly for her. I am not sure how she isn't girly coming from me. We improvised, and she still looks pretty cute!






It's literally impossible to get a picture with her these days. I refuse to give up! 

Ella got another bag of goodies from my parents today. This pink cowboy hat was in there. Isn't she adorable!? She calls it her "Jesse (toy story) hat." 


Lastly, I wanted to share some pictures of myself as a kid on Halloween. My mom made us the cutest costumes. My favorite is definitely Aunt Jemima! 

Terry as Mr. T. and me as Ronald McDonald. 

That's me at preschool dressed as Aunt Jemima!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...