Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The BEST slow cooker recipe!


I am linking up with another blog today for crock-tober. I am a HUGE crock pot fan. I use mine usually two times a week due to the fact that I have a crazy two year old running around. It makes my life so much easier!

I am going to share my all time favorite slow cooker recipe that is easy and delicious! 


Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken


Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken

Ingredients:

1 pound (about 2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14 ounce) can petite or regular diced tomatoes, DRAINED
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. You can use more if you would like it spicier

Directions: 

Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-9 hours. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and mix the chicken with the juices from the tomato/brown sugar sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with flour tortillas and toppings of choice. 

*If you would like your chicken a little runnier don't drain the tomatoes. I usually drain, because I like the chicken dry. This is a great recipe!  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is right up my ally!!!! It looks SO good! Thanks for linking up, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't disappoint! It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...