Ella has already been in preschool over a month. I was worried that missing last week would make this week a little rough for her, but she did great.
Mrs. B. told me that Ella is starting to actually talk to them now, and she looks forward to hearing her sweet voice. That is huge for Ella. It takes her awhile to open up, but once she does, look out!
Next week is her first field trip, and I am so excited. They are going to the pumpkin patch. I'm interested to see how she interacts with the kids in her class. I hope I can get a picture of her and her buddy Nick. I finally talked to his mom on Tuesday. She said Nick talks about Ella all the time too, and he really missed her last week. I should have known Ella's first friend at preschool would be a boy. He is very talkative so I think he is good for Ella since she is so quiet.
I can see a big change in Ella since she has started school. I can't really explain it though. She seems a little more grown up. This past week was the first time she expressed her feelings to me. I had to get onto her, because she did not want to put her clothes on. She told me she was not happy, and that she was mad at me. It made me feel bad, but I'm sure this is not the last time she will be mad at me.
Ella sings random songs all the time that she learns at preschool. I love to hear her sing. My favorites so far have been the peanut butter song and "we are the dinosaurs marching, marching."
She goes to the bathroom completely on her own. That was one of my biggest worries for preschool, but it hasn't been a problem.
Preschool has been such a great thing for Ella. It opened up a whole other world for her. I'm so proud of what a big girl she is becoming!


No comments:
Post a Comment