We had such a fun weekend! Ella has been looking forward to this weekend for awhile now, because we got to go to Holiday World one last time before it's closed for the winter. I can't lie. I was looking forward to it too. Taking Ella to Holiday World is one of my favorite things. I can't wait until next May until we can start going again.
Saturday morning it was pretty cold. We turned our fire place on for the first time. Every time I tried to turn it off (because I was roasting) Ella told me I could not turn off "her fire." We finally turned it off before we left for the playground, and it was almost 80 degrees in our house. I have a feeling we will be getting a lot of use out of our fireplace this winter.
I took Ella to the playground at the 4-H grounds. I took the opportunity to take some fall pictures of her. I love fall pictures, because the trees and the leaves look so pretty in the background. I did not have an easy time getting these pictures, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I can not believe how old Ella looks in these pictures. She seems to change by the day. I can not believe how fast time is flying. I take advantage of the time I have with her, because she is growing up so fast.
Saturday night I went over to Alison and Jeremey's house to celebrate Jeremey's 32nd birthday. It was fun to visit and see some friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I was the first one there so I sat in the bathroom with Alison while she curled her hair. We used to do this all the time back in college. I definitely miss those times. Adam stayed home with Ella. She was so excited to have "daddy time." I didn't get home until around 9, and I didn't get Ella to bed until 9:30. I paid for that today.
Macy Mae was so festive with her party bow!
This morning was a little rough getting Ella ready and out the door. She was tired. I let her sleep as long as I could, but it wasn't long enough. She threw the fit of all fits right up until the time we were supposed to leave. She wanted to make it known that she did not want to wear her costume or trick or treat. The joys of a three year old! Once we made it to Holiday World she was fine and ended up putting on her costume. I bet you can't guess what Ella is going to be for Halloween! If you guessed Thomas the Train, you guessed right.
Ella loves Holidog and Kitty Claws!
We met up with Leslie and Olivia. It was so good to see them both.
I love this picture. Olivia loves the roller coaster. Ella think it is way too fast.
They both had to get their face painted. Ella's lasted about an hour. She got pretty tired while we were waiting in line for the hayride and started rubbing her eyes. I eventually just wiped it all off, because the paint was everywhere. It was cute while it lasted though. :)
Look at that face! Yikes!
My favorite part of the whole day was the Halloween show. Holiday World went all out for this. The costumes and the make up were awesome. They sang popular songs but changed the words to make them Halloween themed. It was wonderful. I thought they looked a little scary, but both girls did fine.
Chasing down Holidog!
Our last picture of 2012. It was a great season at Holiday World!
Smiling and happy after a great day! As soon as we hit the car Ella decided to throw another fit and cried herself to sleep. She was exhausted. It was a perfect day for Holiday World. I think it was the only time I have been that I could wear my hair down and wear makeup. ;) It's the small things. It was a great weekend with friends. I hope this is a new tradition we can keep going for many years to come.









































No comments:
Post a Comment