Sunday, November 25, 2012

Polar Express 2012

This was our second year at the Polar Express. I didn't think last year could be topped, but it was! This year was even more magical than last. If you get the chance to go to the Polar Express you must go. I think it is my favorite activity of the entire year, and it's a great way to kick off the Christmas season. 

We left really early this year so we could go to the West Baden hotel. I had never been there.  I thought it was beautiful. Ella loved it too and enjoyed all the running room. 






After we explored the hotel we went to lunch at "33 Brick Street" with the fam. Lunch was good and went well until Ella got a splinter. Adam and I had to take her out to the car to get it out, because she was screaming. So traumatic! We got it out though, and she was fine. 

We had a little time to kill before we had to be at the train so we went to the French Lick Hotel. I love these hotels at Christmas, because they are decorated beautifully! The girls loved running around, and they loved the Christmas decorations. 












Look at that face! Ella was pretty tired by the time we actually got on the train. A little hot chocolate and a cookie cheered her right up!

They read the Polar Express story on the train, and they play the same songs. My favorite is "Hot chocolate" of course!


 The girls really enjoyed dancing in the aisles. 

 I think their favorite thing was the visit from Santa. Their eyes lit up. They both got bells and had their picture taken. 



Ella joined in with the other kids to pretend to be a line of reindeer. I can not believe how much Ella is coming out of her shell. 



I thought this might be out last year for the Polar Express, but I think we are going to go again next year. I can't think of a better way to kick off the Christmas season. We laughed and cried and had the best time. I am so thankful to my parents for taking us all. It was a wonderful time that I know we will all never forget! I'm already looking forward to next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...