Last Sunday Ella and I both had colds so we stayed home in our pj's all day long. I decided it would be fun to put up the tree and decorate it. Ella LOVES to put the ornaments on the tree. For the past few years I have sat and watched her put them on all by herself. She doesn't do it perfectly (I usually fix them when she goes to bed), but she tries her best.
She was so into it this year. I think she did such a great job. Not one ornament was broken, and I didn't even have to move them around.
Putting up our tree makes me so happy. There are so many memories, events, and trips preserved in the ornaments on our tree. I have been buying ornaments since Adam and I went on our first trip together back in the day. I have ornaments to commemorate our wedding, honeymoon, first house, baby, and now our second house. We have ornaments from New York, Las Vegas, Florida, Gatlinburg, New Harmony, French Lick, and Holiday World. We also have Woody, Buzz, Hulk, Iron Man, and Spiderman on our tree.
Let the Holiday Season begin!!
No comments:
Post a Comment