Monday, November 17, 2014

First snow day of 2014

I have been hoping for a snow day this coming winter. I didn't really appreciate snow days when Ella was not in school, but now I welcome an unexpected free day at home with her. 

I never thought our first snow day would be in November. I can't remember the last time we have had snow in November. It's a little early, but it has at least been pretty to look at.  Ella wanted to go out in the snow first thing this morning. I contemplated getting her up, doing our normal school routine, getting her ready, and then telling her she didn't have school. I was not that mean though. I let her sleep in and told her when she woke up. She was SO happy. 

We braved the cold and went out for about ten minutes before she decided it was too cold. 



It was so nice having Ella home today, but I'm afraid it's back to school tomorrow. We are looking forward to a short, two day school week next week. Bring on Thanksgiving and Polar Express!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...