Yesterday we went to a painting birthday party at Snickerdoodle for Ella's classmate, Lexie. I am sure this is the first of MANY birthday parties we will go to this school year, and the many school years to come.
It is so important for Ella to go to these parties. She is super quiet at school, and it was no different yesterday. It is very painful for me to watch. All of her little friends were congregating when we got there, and Ella stuck with me. She has such a hard time in a group. I just keep hoping that one of these days she will come out of this. I do know exactly how she feels. I am the same way. I get really uncomfortable as well. I don't like being in a group of people. I do so much better one on one or in a small group. I feel for her but one of these days she has to start talking. Right!?
Back to the party... All the girls painted a Christmas tree.
It was already sketched out for them, and all they had to do was paint. It took a little while to paint. You don't just slap some paint on the canvas. You paint and then blow dry and repaint again.
Little hands hard at work! All these little girls in Ella's class are so sweet. I have had fun getting to know all 7 of them. Her class if full of boys!
Ella did a great job painting! I thought she might get bored and quit, but she really seemed to enjoy herself.
It was fun to see all the paintings, and see how all the girls painted differently. I think they ended up looking really good.
Ella had to get a picture with the birthday girl before we left. Even though she didn't talk, Ella graciously gave Lexie a hug before we left. She is such a sweet girl!
In just a few weeks we will be throwing a party for Ella's 6th birthday party at Pump It Up!
No comments:
Post a Comment