Saturday, December 26, 2015

The days before Christmas and Ella's Birthday

Before I get to my Christmas post I wanted to recap a few of the things we did in the week leading up to Christmas. This whole month seems like a total blur. I love the holiday season, but this one seemed a little crazier then years past. Not only do we have Christmas, but we have Ella's birthday thrown in there as well. Back when I was pregnant with Ella I thought it was going to be this magical experience (l0l) having a "Christmas baby".  I didn't realize at the time we would have a birthday party thrown in with the holiday season, which makes it that much crazier! 

This Christmas season was extra special since we have another child to enjoy it with. Paige of course has no clue what is going on yet, but it's fun to think of experiencing Christmas through the eyes of another child. Ella is getting close to the age where she will most likely not believe in Santa so it's nice to know we will be able to experience it all over again with Paige. 
Paige had lots of Christmas outfits this holiday season. I think she got plenty of wear out of each one considering she was decked out in holiday attire almost every day in December. 


On the last day of school Ella had a Christmas party/pj day. Ella's teacher also gave her a stuffed animal for her birthday. Ella was SO excited for school that day. A party, stuffed animal, pjs, and the last day of school. What more do you need!? 



Last weekend was Ella's 7th birthday! We already had her party at Skyzone a couple of weeks ago, but we still had to do a little celebration. It was also my dad's retirement. After 43 years of work my dad finally retired. We had a small celebration for them both. 


I can't even believe my girl is SEVEN! The saying, "The days are long, but the years are short" is so true. Back when she was little some days seemed to drag on.  Now days, time just flies.  We are so so proud of Ella. She definitely deserves her own post about what a special girl she is. We hit the jack pot with her! 

On Christmas Eve Eve we made salt dough ornaments of E and P's hands. Ella's hand is getting a little big, but she still made one. It was Paige's first time making one, and I thought it was going to be easy since her hand is so small. Ha! She was grabbing at everything, and every time I would pull her hand away from the dough she would grab it. It was a mess. After two handprints I tried out a foot print for the last one, and that worked out better. 

Poor Ella does not want pictures with Paige these days, because Paige tries to pull her hair.  







After Paige went to bed (and I cleaned up the mess from the ornaments) we made cookies for Santa. Sugar cookies are not my specialty, but I think Santa enjoyed them. 


Stayed tuned for my post about our four days of Christmas:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...