Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Major breakthrough


This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just think it's hilarious! Ella is wearing Adam's shoes making her "daddy face." Don't ask me where she got this, but I think it's so funny! It's especially funny when Adam and Ella do this face side by side, because they look like twins! 

Anyway, in my effort to get Ella used to swimming pools I took her to Hartke pool after nap today. I am bound and DETERMINED for her to enjoy swimming. We made some headway on Monday, but I wanted to make some more progress. When she woke up from her nap today I asked her if she wanted to go swimming, and she of course answered "yes". We got our suits on and headed out the door. 

Ella was really excited to see the pool and the water slide. We got in the pool, and at first she was scared. She clung to me, but she at least seemed to enjoy the water. After a while I gradually tried moving her away from me, and it worked. By the end I was only holding her underarms, and she was kicking her legs. She was actually enjoying the water! I feel like we made a major breakthrough tonight!

She wanted to go down the water slide so bad! She loves water slides, and I don't think she has ever seen one in person. I walked her over there, and she wanted to go up the steps. I asked the life guard to please be sure to be at the bottom waiting. Ella sat on my lap, and against my better judgement we went down. I don't think I have ever seen (or heard) her that excited. She was laughing and screaming with glee. She was not a fan once we hit the bottom, but I was able to keep her above the water. I can't believe what a big girl she is getting to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...