Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July weekend

I have been so busy, and I am SO behind on this blog it's not even funny. One of my pet peeves is not keeping this up to date! Life gets in the way sometimes, but I am trying my best!

We had a fun, busy fourth of July weekend. Sunday we headed over to my mom and dad's to grill out and shoot off fireworks. To our surprise, they had gotten the girls a trampoline. Ella was so excited! She had never been on a trampoline, but she caught on very quickly. 






After tons of jumping we went in to eat. Unfortunately, it started pouring rain. I had my eye on the radar the whole time. I think it has rained on the fourth the past three years or so. I was hoping the rain would stop so we could shoot off some fireworks. Luckily, it stopped raining right around 8:00 so we were able to! Ella did pretty good with the fireworks. She was a little scared at first and wanted to go in. She came back out and sat with me for awhile though. She is not a fan of the boom! 




Monday, Ella and I went over to Alison's to swim. I don't know if you remember, but Ella HATED the water last year. I have slowly been trying to ease her into it this year. She did pretty good in the pool. She enjoyed sitting on a raft. She clung to me for awhile, but at least she didn't cry! 




Jazmine (Mingy) had to come out and see what we were up to!  She is Alison's mom's dog. Jazmine and Elliott are half brother and sister. If it wasn't for Jazmine I would have never have gotten Elliott or Brody, since they are all from the same breeder. Thank goodness for Jazmine:)  Ella calls her "Minnie." 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...