Sunday, August 7, 2011

5K #2

This past weekend I participated in the YMCA 5K. Luckily, I had a running partner this time around, and it made the run so much better! 

I have improved so much since I started running with Sarah. She gives me the extra push I need when I am about ready to give up. I always think I am going to "die", but she always tells me I can keep going. I haven't died yet so I guess she is right. :) 


The husbands were nice enough to get up at the crack of dawn to go support us! 
Sarah and I usually try to pace ourselves, but I am pretty sure we ran a little faster than we usually do. We both have a Garmin watch that we wear when we run. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge mine, and the battery was dead. I had no clue what our pace was or how far along we were. That mixed with the humidity made for a difficult run. I always think I am going to die, and yesterday was no exception. 


Here we are almost to the finish line. I was so HAPPY to see the end in sight!

DONE!!!!
The Y supplied popsicles and cold wash rags after the run!
Sarah and I placed 98 and 99 out of 425 females. We ran 3.1 miles in 28:08. I think we did an awesome job. All the early morning runs are definitely paying off!

Next up is the 10K run in September! 



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...