Friday started out with a trip to the podiatrist for me. After I ran on Thursday my big toe was bleeding due to the gross toenail I have been dealing with for YEARS! I couldn't take it anymore so I called and made an appointment for the following day to have it taken off. He took one look at it and told me it needed to be removed permanently. Great! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. When he first started I could feel a little bit of pain, and I about came out of the chair. After a little more numbing medicine I was good to go. He told me it would be sore, but it hasn't hurt at all. It actually feels better with the toenail off. I haven't been able to run or work out this weekend, and that part is bothering me. I'll be back at it soon though!
Saturday we didn't do a whole lot. Ella said that she wanted to go to the playground. While Adam took my car to get new tires (YAY!) I took Ella to the playground. It was a little colder than anticipated, but she still had fun.
Speaking of running I got some new running shoes in the mail on Friday. I have loved my asics, but my feet are starting to hurt. I wanted to try Brooks, because I hear they are great running shoes. I am not sure if I like them or not. I haven't been able to run in them, but they definitely feel different than any other athletic shoe I have ever owned. Any runners out there that might happen to read this I am wondering your advice on Brooks vs. Asics? I can't decide if I am going to send them back or not.
Ella took a great nap on Saturday. While she napped I went to Kohl's and got a car wash. I love having a clean car, but I know it's not going to last long. I found a nice Melissa and Doug toy at Kohl's for Ella. It teaches matching and colors. She is pretty good at both, but I knew she would still like it. She loved waking up from nap to a "surprise". She loves surprises!
Saturday night we stayed home, and I made dinner. I tried out a new recipe, three cheese pasta bake. I thought it was good, but Adam said it was way too rich. It was definitely NOT healthy at all. In fact, I think I gained about five pounds from the portion I ate. I thought it was pretty tasty, but I may not make it again since it is so fattening!!
Ella got the biggest kick out of Adam on Saturday night. I think it was the hardest I have ever heard her laugh. Luckily, I was able to get a video.
Sunday I cleaned a little and went to the store. Adam power washed the garage and started on our fence. It was a nice, quiet weekend just how I like them!






Sounds like you had a great weekend! But busy! You made me tried just reading everything you did. Ha! That video of Ella is precious! Love her little giggle!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Sorry about your toe! Ella is seriously adorable!
ReplyDeleteI like Asics over Brooks. I felt like Asics were lighter and were snugger (is that a word?-ha) on my feet.
Thanks Meg! I feel the same way about my Asics, but I wasn't sure since I have never had Brooks shoes. I think I am going to stick with what I know is comfortable!
ReplyDelete