Thursday, April 26, 2012

New swing set!

Sunday we decided to get Ella a new swing set since she was quickly outgrowing the one we got her last summer. Adam is on vacation this week so I'm sure there was nothing he would rather do than put together a swing set. He had a list of household things that needed to be done this week, but those were thrown to the wayside. Our main priority was the construction of this new swing set. 

Adam said it was only going to take him a few hours to get this thing done. The instructions said it would take two people 8-10 hours to get it completed. Little did we know it would end up taking 4 days. 

Day 1: 

We of course bought the swing set and started putting it together. Luckily, Adam's mom and step dad came over to help. I'm pretty sure they would have loved to turn around and go home when they saw all the wood pieces and hardware laying out. 

Some of the nuts, bolts, and screws...


After nap Ella asked Adam, "Need any help daddy?" She had her toy hammer and drill out there with her.
It ended up raining for awhile that afternoon, but we were back at it that night until 11:00pm. Thank goodness for instructions on the iPad and spotlights!





Day 2:

Ella decided she needed to help to speed up the process. 
Adam worked on the swing set most of the day and night. We were out there again until 11:00 Monday night. I was tired and over it by this time.  We were able to get the swings and the glider put on so Ella could at least swing on Tuesday. 


Day 3:

I woke up and realized I had a horrible rash. Come to find out I broke out in hives. Maybe I'm allergic to Ella's swing set!? Ha! Adam worked on it during the afternoon with his dad and step mom's help, but then we had a work dinner to go to so we didn't get it done Tuesday. Ella was thrilled with the glider though. I think it's her new favorite thing. 


Day 4:

Finally at 9:00 last night the swing set was completed!!! Adam is so over putting stuff together I think he could have blown his head off. Of course the tunnel slide was the most difficult thing to put together, and that was the last thing to construct.  Whose idea was it to get the one with the tunnel slide!? Oh yeah, I think that was Adam's. Ella absolutely loves her swing set so I guess it was all worth it in the end. :)









 DONE! I think I can speak for us both when I say, NEVER AGAIN!!


*We added sand to the sandbox tonight. Ella said, "This is the best sandbox ever." 









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...