Sunday, November 29, 2015

Polar Express 2015

This past weekend we went for a ride on the Polar Express in French Lick. I say this every year, but it's the best way to kick off the Christmas season!

This was our fifth year at the Polar Express. If you are interested in reading about past years (or seeing how much Ella has grown) you can read about them here:  2014 2013 2012 2011.

Things were a little different this year brining a baby along. I seriously forgot how much work it is and how much stuff you need with a baby. I can not complain though. Minus losing some sleep Paige was SO good. She was content to do whatever we were doing and was even good on the train. I thought it may be too loud for her, but she did great. 

We headed out early on Friday. I wanted Paige to nap in the car, and she did exactly that. We didn't hear a peep out of her the whole way. We did hear from Ella. She likes to ask how much longer, and then gets irritated when I say "not much longer." God love her!

Luckily, we made it before it started raining. I was bound and determined to get a picture infront of the train (as we do every year), and we got it. It is my favorite picture! 


We headed over to the hotel to see the Christmas decor before going to lunch. 



 The lobby of the French Lick hotel is SO beautiful. 

Paige was pretty excited about her first hotel stay. I bought this outfit after Christmas last year and here she is wearing it now. 



After we checked in and got settled Ella and Autumn decided it was time for a swim. This was the first year they could get in by themselves since they can both swim. It was nice to be able to just sit on the side and watch. 








Paige was taking a nap while they were swimming but woke up screaming after about 30 minutes. I think she was scared since she didn't know where she was so I held her for the rest of her nap until it was almost time to go to the train. She isn't used to sleeping in a pack and play, and it definitely wasn't easy for her. 

We quickly got ready and headed over to the train once Paige woke up. It was raining and unseasonably warm. You never know what the weather is going to be like. Some years we have gotten away with no jackets and some years we have froze. You just never know. Ella and Paige looked super cute in their matching Christmas jimmies. I ordered these this past summer, and they turned out just as I had imagined. 






The hot chocolate song is my favorite part along with the hot chocolate and cookies! I wish I had one right now!


Arriving at the "North Pole"







Aside from it being a little too warm on the train we had a wonderful time! I was so worried Paige may cry, but she seemed to enjoy it too. It was bedtime once it was over, and although she was tired she was still happy. 

Once we got back to the room we were starving. We ended up ordering room service. We kept Paige up almost two hours past her bedtime. To keep her occupied while we waited for our food I gave her a bath in the sink. She had the best time splashing around. Even though it was past her bedtime she still had some smiles left for us. 
Paige was out like a light when she finally got to bed. She slept for about two hours and woke up crying. I held her for awhile while she slept. At  around 2:30am I put her in her pack and play and she slept until 6. It was an exhausting night, but we survived!

Overall, it was a great trip. I was worried about how Paige would do, but I think she did great. We are so thankful to my parents for taking us all on this trip. It's a big expense and something they don't have to do, but gladly do for us every year. You guys are the best!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...