Ella's doctor told me a couple of weeks ago when I took her to the doctor that I had to start brushing her teeth. If you have ever seen Ella with a toothbrush or toothpaste you would know why it was so hard to brush her teeth. First of all she ate the toothpaste. I don't blame her. It smelled like candy! She also like to have control of her toothbrush. Anytime I would try to come near her with a toothbrush she would start screaming, because SHE wanted to do it.
After that appointment I told myself I was going to start brushing Ella's teeth. No matter what it took or how long, I was going to do it. I bought some kid's fluoride toothpaste at the store a couple days later, and the teeth brushing began. For the first couple of days Ella was not happy about me brushing her teeth. The first day she screamed, but I did it anyway just to show her who was boss. The second day I tried the sneak attack. I came up behind her, tilted her head back, and started brushing. It took a couple of days, but teeth brushing is no longer a problem. She doesn't try to eat the toothpaste (she couldn't anyway since their is fluoride in it), and I have control of the brush.
I took a little video today just so everyone can see how far she has come:)

Aww... she looks cute there. I agree that you should brush her teeth for now. But if you feel like it's about time she learned the basics of toothbrushing, then maybe you should let her do it on her own, right?
ReplyDeleteJerri Larimore