Last night we had a TERRIBLE storm. It started around 10:00 and blew through very fast. The wind was crazy. They said on the news the largest wind gust was around 75mph. I was scared to death. We unfortunately lost power from around 10:30pm until 10:00am. If you didn't know, I am terrified of the dark. Thank goodness Adam was not in Terre Haute last night.
It was a very long night. Ella woke up around midnight, and I put her in bed with me. I am not a fan of doing this, but our house was pitch black. Eventually, the boys made there way into the bed too. Adam decided to sleep on the couch, because he was supposed to get up at 5am to go to Terre Haute. He was crazy to think he was going to get any sleep! We were up until 3am. We finally decided Ella needed to go back in her bed, and the boys had to go back in the laundry room. We got a few hours of sleep, but it was hard when you are used to a fan blowing on you. I was also worried I would not hear Ella, because there was no baby monitor. I was so happy when the electricity came back on this morning.
On our way to Target Ella and I drove around to look at some of the damage. I could not believe it. There were huge trees uprooted everywhere. We are so lucky that we were safe and nothing was damaged at our house!
I am prepared for next time! One for us and one for Ella!



No comments:
Post a Comment