Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter weekend

We had such a fun Easter this year. This was the first year Ella could hunt eggs and actually understand what to do. It was so cute to watch her. 

Saturday morning Adam's mom and step-dad (Ma and Papaw) came over along with Aunt Cey Cey. They brought her lots of easter treats. Ella was in heaven with all the candy in her baskets. I eventually had to hide it all, because she has a major sweet tooth;) 





Sunday morning the easter bunny came to our house. Ella woke up around 8am and immediately went to find her easter basket.



Once she went through her basket we went out to hunt eggs. Even though it was a little rainy I was bound and determined to hide eggs outside. That has been my plan, and I wasn't going to let a little rain spoil our fun. 





She caught on so fast!




After hunting eggs in the backyard Ella wanted to do it again so I hid them in the front yard.






We headed over to my mom and dad's for lunch and another easter egg hunt. Luckily, the rain was able to hold off so we were able to do this outside. It's so fun to watch Ella and Autumn together, but it's especially fun on holidays. 











After we found all the eggs we went out back to play while we were waiting to eat. Since we have gotten quite a bit of rain in the past few days there were a few puddles to play in.

Nothing like splashing in puddles in a dress:) 







We had such a fun Easter this year. I love that Ella is at an age where she can finally understand what is going on at holidays. It's so fun reliving my favorite childhood memories through her. Happy Easter!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...