Thursday, April 14, 2011

Flower Box

Today was the perfect day to plant some flowers. I had promised Ella we would plant some flowers in the flower box on her playhouse, but I wanted to wait until it was for sure going to stay warm. Even though it's been a little chilly lately I am pretty sure the cold weather is behind us. HALLELUJAH! 

After nap today I asked her if she wanted to go buy some flowers for her flower box, and she enthusiastically replied, "yeah!" We headed to Lowe's, and she picked out some flowers and a Dora shovel. 

After dinner tonight we planted the flowers. She was really into planting and especially loved the dirt. Who knew potting soil could be so much fun? She loved sticking her shovel in the bag, pulling out some dirt, and dumping it into a flower pot. This went on for about 20 minutes. I have a feeling dirt could provide hours of fun for Ella in the coming years. When I was little I loved to dig in the dirt in my underwear. I think Ella will love to do the same thing! 


































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...