Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Randoms

We had a nice, relaxing weekend. Those are my favorite! Here is what Ella did most of the weekend...


She could live in this swing. I am not even kidding! It's all she wants to do from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. Lord help us!

Friday night we usually go out to eat, but this Friday we decided to stay home and order pizza. Aunt Lacey came over to hang out, play with Ella, and eat with us. I always enjoy a night at home. It's one of my favorite things to do. 


Saturday morning we were outside by 9:30am. Ella was in her swing until 11:00 when daddy took over. I cut the grass while Adam and Ella went down to the lake and threw rocks. She really loves to do this. After Ella took a nap we dropped her off at my mom and dad's house since they offered to babysit while we went out to eat. We went to Dilegge's, and it was delicious! It's still my favorite place to eat even though we don't go there as often as we used to. 

Sunday morning Ella had an appointment to get her picture taken at the Ties and Tutus special at Rowe Portrait Studio. They took her six month pictures, and they are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES. If you don't remember them here are a few to refresh your memory!





I will always love these pictures! They did/do a fantastic job, and I have been wanting to take her there ever since. It's no secret that Ella is not a fan of getting her picture taken. She tends to cry so I was expecting the worst today. It was only a 20 minute session so I thought maybe she could bare with it for that short amount of time. Ella ended up doing such a great job. She sat in a chair like a big girl and even cracked a few smiles. She was not thrilled about the frilly skirt,  but she did a great job! I can't wait to see them. 

Since I recruited Lacey to go with me this morning we went back to her house and visited with Hank and Cloudy. Ella loves roaming around out there. Lacey lives at their grandma's old house. I wish she was still alive to see Ella roaming around. I know it would make her happy to see how much Ella loves it. 








Once Ella was down for her nap I started making red velvet sandwich cookies. These things are to die for! Adam's dad and step mom (Poppy and Nana) and Lacey were coming over to eat pizza for Lacey's birthday. I use any excuse I can to make these cookies. They are delicious. Here is the recipe if you are interested in making them. 


YUM-O!

We had Papa-John's pizza for dinner and these cookies for dessert. After dinner, Ella was chomping at the bit to go outside to swing, of course! 


I am pretty sure Ella was in her swing for a good 1-2 hours this evening. I am surprised we even got her to come inside to go to bed. We have created a monster! :) 

It was a fun weekend, but I am tired! Hope everyone had a great weekend too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...