Saturday, June 25, 2011

My first 5K

Today I participated in my first 5K run. I have been running consistently since the end of February. My first goal since I started running was to complete a 5K. I never thought I would be able to do it. I have never really been a fan of running. I remember in high school barely being able to run a mile in gym class. Ever since I had Ella I have realized how important it is to keep myself healthy. I have been trying really hard to stay active and eat healthy not only for her but for myself also! 


I was a bundle of nerves last night and this morning. I think it was just fear of the unknown. I have never done anything like this, but I had to give it a try. 


Taking off! I had a little bit of trouble getting my breathing down at the beginning, because I had gotten myself so worked up. After a couple of minutes of deep breathing I was good to go!

This run was not easy. At about mile two I thought I was going to have to stop and walk. I wanted so badly to run the whole thing so I kept visualizing the finish line. Thirty-one minutes later I was coming into finish! 


I'm done!! I was so glad to stop running:) 

I was so happy I did it! I never thought I could do this, but I am so glad I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...