Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two and a half



Ella turned 2 1/2 this past Sunday. I know I ALWAYS say this, but I can't believe I am so close to having a three year old. I am happy she is growing and progressing, but it makes me so sad. I wish she was still a little baby. 


Ella has become VERY independent in the past few weeks. I hear "I do it" a hundred times a day. She wants to do everything from dress herself to get in her car seat by herself. It is exhausting at times, but I am glad she is becoming so independent. 


Ella's speech continues to grow daily. She has went from saying new words daily to saying new phrases daily. I am so proud of the fact that she is still progressing without First Steps. 


Ella has learned so many things since her second birthday. She knows her abc's, but she will not sing them on command. You just have to catch her singing them when SHE wants to sing them. She also can recognize quite a few letters.  Ella can count to twelve. Counting is another thing she will not do if you ask her. She has to do it on her own. She also knows shapes and some colors. Her brain is like a sponge right now!


Ella is so silly and always gives us a good laugh by things she says and does. Her laugh is infectious. I wish I could ingrain it in my mind forever. 



Ella loves being outside. She loves to swing and slide. She especially loves "big slides." She says that as soon as you say we are going to the playground. She seems to have no fear of anything. She loves riding on anything that moves, especially with her daddy.


I still think Ella is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I love her curly hair and big brown eyes!


Ella I hope you know how loved you are! You have enriched our lives in so many ways. We look forward to watching you grow in the coming months and years. To us you are the sweetest most beautiful child we have ever laid eyes on. I hope you continue to be as sweet as you are right now. We love you forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...