Ella started her first gymnastics class this past Wednesday. It was interesting to say the least:) Ella was a little unsure at first. The other two children in the class seem to have been there for awhile so Ella just followed what they did. I think once Ella gets used to it she will like it. Towards the end of the class she got to do the balance beam and swing from the uneven bars, and she loved that! I was surprised she could hang and swing by herself. I think the class will be really good for Ella. It is VERY structured, and she will learn to take turns. The teacher is not what I was expecting, but I am going to try to keep going in with an open mind. I'll keep you updated on how it is going.
Ella has been saying some really funny stuff lately. Her speech is still improving by leaps and bounds each week. I think it was a good decision to end first steps. I know Ella misses Kathy though, because she still says her name randomly. Anyway, we unfortunately have quite of few people come to our door trying to sell stuff (the joys of living in a subdivision). A couple of weeks ago a guy came trying to promote Trugreen. When Adam shut the door he told Ella to say "bye bye spammer." Yesterday we had someone come to the door trying to promote ADT. Right when I shut the door I hear Ella say, "bye bye spammer." We got a kick out of that! She said the same thing when the neighbor pulled out of the driveway today.
She has also become obsessed with my parents neighbor, Kevin. She likes to watch what he is doing. She will stand in their yard and look over at his house and say, "Hi Kevin", "bye bye Kevin" "cut grass Kevin." It cracks me up. Friday night we ate at Hacienda, and when the waitress walked off Ella said, "bye bye Kevin." haha
She picks up on stuff so fast now. Her favorite thing to say is, "I do it." She is getting so independent and wants to do everything on her own these days. She definitely has a little mind of her own!
We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Friday night the three of us went to Hacienda. We had to make a quick trip to Target on the way home to get some baby wipes, because I was completely out. I don't know how I let that happen. That was a first. Saturday I got my hair highlighted and cut while my mom and dad watched Ella. Poppy and Nana (Adam's dad and step-mom) and Lacey came over to eat pizza and cupcakes with us in the afternoon. Poppy is retiring from teaching this year after 40 years. That is a LONG time. I can't even imagine. He isn't the type of person to just sit around so I know he will keep busy even though he won't be working. They have some plans for expanding, "Bertram Feed and Supply."
Ella had a really good time playing with them. She gets a big kick out of Poppy. All he had to do was look at her, and she will start laughing. It might have something to do with the fact he can wiggle both of his ears. I still have yet to figure out how to do this, but maybe one day I'll be able to. We had a fun time visiting with them this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment