Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

We had an action packed weekend! Saturday we headed to Pike Co. to eat and spend some time with Poppy and Nana. It's always an adventure when we go there. Adam reverted back to his childhood as he usually does when we visit. We could not get him off this thing...




Since Ella is just like her daddy she had to ride it too! 


Ella was able to ride a pony for the first time. She was pretty excited about it and did a good job of sitting still on the horse. She may just be a jockey one day..who knows! :) 


We visited with almost all of their animals. Ella is really enthused with the goats and the horses.





We can't forget about their German Shepherd, Bruiser. He may look a little scary, but he is just a big baby!



To round out the night we took the kayak's out again. Ella had a life jacket this time, and unfortunately she HATED it. She kept saying "jacket off" the whole time we were out. Adam and I took turns riding with her. I didn't realize how much the added weight would make a difference. I had a hard time paddling with her in the boat. 

Notice how happy Ella is about her life jacket!




We had a fun, exhausting evening. We didn't get home until way past Ella's bedtime. She asked for milk as soon as we walked in the door, and she was out like a light shortly after! Thanks Poppy and Nana for dinner and a fun night! 

Sunday morning Adam unwrapped a couple of gifts from Ella and I. This is what Ella picked out for him...


Ella and I love our geek:) 

We went over to my mom and dad's house to eat lunch and visit for Father's Day. My mom made some yummy lasagna. It was a long, fun day of playing outside! The girls had a fun time of running through puddles in their bare feet. Ella had mud all over her outfit and her legs. It was such a fun day. I think Ella had a little too much fun. She hit the sack early tonight! 

What a beauty! 

This is what you get when you ask Ella to make her "daddy face." I have no idea how she came up with this.




My grandpa and I! 

Ella and "PP" She loves him so much! . I am so glad she has him in her life! 

Lastly, I want to wish Adam a Happy Father's Day! He works so hard and is always trying hard to juggle his time between work and family. Ella lights up when she sees her daddy. I am pretty sure she loves him so much, because he is a big kid himself! Adam I hope you know how much we appreciate everything you do for us! You are a great daddy and husband!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...