Thursday, November 17, 2011

One more month....


One more month until I have a three year old. I can't believe it! Where did the time go!? I have really seen a change in Ella the past couple of months. She is acting more like a three year old and less like a two year old. In the past the thought of her getting older has made me a little sad, but I absolutely love the stage she is in right now. She is always up for a new adventure. She finds joy in the smallest things, and I love to hear the enthusiasm in her voice when she finds those things.  

If you have been reading my blog you know I have started dropping Ella off at child watch at the Y the past couple of weeks. I thought this would be a good thing to do before she starts preschool next fall (definitely a good baby step for myself as well). I am so proud of how well she has done. The first time was awful. I thought it was going to take her weeks to get used to it. To my surprise it only took her a few times, and she is fine now. She walks in like a big girl and plays the whole time she is there. She always says she "had fun in the toy room" and tells me what she did while she was there. This was a big step for me (and her) to even drop her off, and it has made the thought of preschool not seem so horrible. 


Ella is still in a huge Thomas the Train phase. We are currently planning her Thomas third birthday party. That was totally her idea. I was going to do a Santa themed birthday this year until one day Ella said she wanted a Thomas cake and Thomas balloon for her party.  Ella also loves Toy Store, Dora, Diego, and Little Einsteins. I remember the day when she could not focus on anything for more than five seconds, and now she can sit and watch a whole movie. 

I can also tell Ella is almost three, because naps are slowly becoming few and far between. I hate to think of the day Ella doesn't take naps anymore, but I know they are coming. Her favorite thing to do when she doesn't nap is strip herself down, and throw everything on the floor outside of her bed. This is always fun, because once I go into her room nap is over. I am very thankful she is good about staying in her bed at nap time and bed time. I can always count on her to go to bed easily and stay asleep all night. God knew what he was doing when he gave me a good sleeper. This girl needs her sleep!

Ella is constantly talking about something. Most things she says makes me laugh. I could listen to her talk all day. I can not believe how far her speech has come in the past year. I remember thinking she was never going to take in full sentences, and now she is!

Ella I hope you read this some day and know how loved you are. You have shown me that life is too short  not cherish the little things. I never take a day for granted or wish time away, because I know that will be one day closer to you growing up.   You are and always will be my greatest accomplishment in life! We love you!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...