Last week I signed up us for a family membership to the Y. I have been wanting a membership for awhile now so I didn't have to run in the cold this winter. I also wanted to get one so I could start dropping Ella off at child watch while I work out.
Last Wednesday I dropped her off for the first time. I knew she would probably cry and scream so I had prepared myself way in advance. I almost felt sick that morning before we left. I had to pump myself up just to get out the door and head that way. Ella was not a happy camper when I left her. Luckily, I can see in the window from the room I am in. She can also see me. She cried for about 15 minutes until they waved me down to come back. She was crying when I came back in to get her, and she cried all the way to Target.
Today I took her back again. The drop off was horrendous. She was screaming and pulling at my jacket. After about 10 minutes I look over there and see a little head pop up at the window. She was actually standing at the window (not being held) looking at me. I waved to her, and she seemed fine. I gave it about 20 minutes and went over to the window. Her back was to me and one of the workers said she was doing fine. I decided to go ahead and get her. When I walked in she was smiling and not crying. It was a definite improvement from the first time. I am sure we will have our ups and downs, but I am hoping we are on the right path!
We are also loving the swimming pool. Ella and I have been swimming there twice. I am so glad I can keep her used to the water during the winter. She has such a fun time, and I can always get a good nap out of her after we swim. It's a total win win situation! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment