This past weekend we headed to Louisville Saturday morning for a little fun and The Color Run on Sunday. Ella was so excited since we were going to the Louisville Zoo and staying in a hotel. She loves that zoo, because they have a carousel. That is her favorite thing!
As soon as we hit the interstate we knew something was wrong with my car. My car had been having problems (I even had an appointment to have it looked at this past Thursday but cancelled), but I thought it was fine to drive to Louisville. I was so wrong! We couldn't go over 70 on the interstate, and that was with the gas pedal to the floor. It wasn't shifting gears right. We also would go about 50 up hill. After driving about 70 miles we decided to turn around and come home. How smart are we!? We made it all the way back home and borrowed my parent's van. Around 1:30 we were back on the road. Ella was so good through all of this. She isn't the best on long car rides, because she doesn't like to sit still for that long. I am so thankful she didn't throw any screaming fits through all of this. Finally around 3:30 we made it to Louisville!!
The zoo is open until 8 on Saturdays so we had plenty of time to explore the zoo. I have been there one time before, but this was Adam's first time. We got in free with our Evansville membership cards. You can't beat it, because we saved almost $70. I think that is a little pricey just to go to the zoo.
First thing Ella had to ride the carousel. She had looked forward to this all day!
We headed to see the eagles and giraffe's afterwards. I had no clue bald eagles were so big!
Ella needed a closer look at the giraffe's!
Ella is more enthused with the elephant poop than the actual elephant's.
She also loves that this zoo has two playgrounds!
And a great splash park....
Ella liked looking at it, but she didn't want to get wet.
Next up was the seal and polar bears!
Taking a small break...
A couple more carousel rides before leaving the zoo!
After this we headed downtown to check in to our hotel! Ella was so excited. She did get a little scared when we walked in. The first thing she said was, "I don't have to go to sleep." I tried to ignore all of these comments. I had visions of staying up all night, but it ended up going fine. She did stay up a little later than normal, but she slept all night.
We ate dinner at "Smashburger." It was really good. They even had fried pickles which are my favorite.
She finally caved and decided to lay in bed. It took a couple of hours, but she wore down!
Sunday morning we were up at 6am. I felt bad waking Ella up, but she shot up out of bed raring to go! We got our garb on and walked to the start line. There were around 8,000 for this run. The run started at 8am. Sarah and I were in the second wave of people so we started shortly after.
Clean and ready to go! The clean part didn't last long;)
For those of you who don't know what the color run is I will explain. At each kilometer they throw colored powder on you. It sounds weird, but it was so much fun! This was my favorite run I have ever done. The only thing I didn't like was weaving in and out of people almost the entire time since there were quite a few people walking it. At the last color station I got doused in blue powder. The guy threw it in my face, and I swallowed a little bit. It tasted nasty.
Adam didn't see Sarah and I at the finish so we had to yell and wave at him. Poor Adam had Ella on his shoulders while he was trying to take pictures.
Truly the happiest 5K on the planet!
I think Ella really enjoyed being at the run. She got a kick out of seeing us come to the finish line.
No one wanted to touch me for some reason!
We stayed at the festival to watch the last color launch. We had a color packet to carry with us to throw at the festival after the run. I didn't throw mine so I could take pictures of others doing it.
These are my favorite pictures from the run!
After the run we headed back to the hotel so I could take a shower. I had to scrub for quite awhile to get all the color off. I got most of it off. I was afraid to look at myself once I got out of the shower, because I thought my face might be stained blue!
After checking out of the hotel we ate lunch at Panera Bread and headed home.
Ella was such a good girl all weekend, even in the car;) It was so much fun to get out of town for the day/night even with our car problems. I see many more fun trips in our future!
























































i am so jealous you did the color run! we had one in phoenix a few months back but it sold out before i could enter
ReplyDeletealso, ella is the cutest little girl on the planet!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)
xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com
You have to do the color run next year if you are able to. It's so much fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following. I love new followers. :)