Christmas Day night we were expecting a blizzard. I LOVE the first snowfall. Last winter we only got probably less than three inches so I was so ready for this snow.
I thought Ella was on the mend, but she barely slept that night. She ended up in bed with me, and Adam was forced to sleep in the computer room. It was a long night, and we were up super early. Ella had a horrible cough, and I knew it was time to take her to the doctor. Of course, Ella's doctor's office was closed due to the weather. I thought about taking her to Convenient Care, but they were closed too. Luckily, she was not running a fever so that eased my mind a little bit, even though it was driving me insane that I didn't know what was wrong with her.
Ella wanted to go out and play in the snow. I let her since she was so excited about it.
The boys loved the snow, even though they had the hardest time walking through it.
Ella got a great nights sleep that night, and thankfully sounded better the following day. We went to the mall to go shopping just so we could get out. Later in the day she wanted to go out and build a snowman with Adam.
Friday night we stayed home, because we were under another winter storm warning. It was a great excuse to take down all the Christmas decorations. I love putting it up, and I also love to see it come down. I feel like our house looks a lot less cluttered once it is all taken down and put away. I am still trying to organize all of the stuff Ella got for Christmas. I have been packing away and getting rid of a lot of old stuff to make room. I think I go through this cleaning/organizing phase every year around this time.
Saturday morning we woke up to another round of snow. I think we got an extra 3-4 inches. We decided to do a little shopping. It started snowing again before we left so of course I thought it was the perfect picture opportunity. I had no idea how bright it was going to be. I could barely open my eyes.
I love this picture of Ella and I, but I wish my eyes were fully open!
Ella looking cute as usual!
It was an interesting week of sickness and snow. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of December. This was a great year, but it went way too fast. Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to do a 2012 recap.














No comments:
Post a Comment