Wednesday, August 25, 2010

City girl or Country girl?

(Adam and Ella riding a 4wheeler. We can add this to the list of things Ella loves to do!)

Adam and I discuss moving quite often. Not too far out, but we would like to move somewhere where we could have a little land, peace and quiet, and no neighbors in sight. I never considered myself a "city girl" until I met Adam. From day one he (and his family) have called me a "city girl." I do love to shop and have all the modern conveniences of living in the city. My whole life I have lived in the city, and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I always used to say if I was going to move I would move somewhere bigger.

I am not sure when it happened, but I have slowly began to think this isn't the life I want. Maybe it's seeing Ella and the boys run through their tiny backyard. Maybe it's hearing our neighbors phone when the windows are open. Maybe it's looking out our kitchen window, and the only thing I see is our neighbors house. I am tired of living in a subdivision. It was fine before we had Ella, but now it's definitely not what either of us want. Hopefully someday in the near future we can move and give Ella the huge yard I know she desires with plenty of room to run. What more could any child want?

It will be interesting to see where life takes us in the future. There would have to be many things worked out before we could make a move like that, and we would of course have to sell our house. For now I'll just wonder... will Ella be a city girl or country girl or maybe a good combo of both? Only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...