Ella had her second First Steps appointment with her therapist, Kathy, BRIGHT and EARLY this morning. I did not have the best night of sleep last night so I was not looking forward to it. The dogs sleep with me on Tuesday nights, because Adam is in Terre Haute. At around 12:30 Elliott scratched on the bedroom door wanting to go potty, and he woke Ella up. Once I got her back to sleep we headed back to bed. Elliott scratched on the door two more times and finally went to sleep around 3:30. He is worse than a newborn baby!
I got up this morning to make my coffee and of course Ella woke up right along with me. Is it too much to ask to be able to have one cup of coffee and sit at my computer in peace when I get up? I think it is, because it NEVER happens. I think Ella can sense when I am up. Mommy isn't allowed a moment of peace;)
Kathy showed up a few minutes early this morning. She came in with her bag of goodies, and Ella wanted everything in the bag. Kathy suggested we put Ella in her high chair. I thought to myself, "yeah right, not going to happen." I went along with it and to my surprise Ella sat for 45 straight minutes. She was such a good girl! She said "boo" "airplane" "more" "bye bye" "ball" "five" "key" and "bubble." She also blew kisses, gave high fives, popped bubbles, played peek a boo, and signed more. Kathy was very impressed with her today. Ella has really been coming along in the past couple of weeks. I am anxious to see how much she will be talking by the time she is 2. Today also marked a week since Ella has had her beloved "baba." She is doing great and doesn't even seem to miss it.
Since she had such a great appointment I took her to the park. I didn't realize how hot it was, but we still managed to have a good time:)






No comments:
Post a Comment