Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I can gladly say that I DID NOT go shopping today. I think people who get up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) to go shopping are crazy. I would rather stay in my nice warm bed and sleep. I did do a little bit of online shopping, but that was it. Instead, I decided to put up our Christmas tree. I have thinking about doing it for a week now. I wanted to put it up, but yet I didn't want to put it up. I knew it could turn into quite a headache for me considering I have a little one running around who is into everything! 

I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to do it. Ella had a lot of fun playing in the empty box. It provided enough entertainment for me to put the tree together. I decided to get a new tree this year. Our tree was just a little bit too big for our living room. I also was tired of dealing with lights so I bought a pre-lit tree. It made things so much easier. 




My little helper


I waited until Ella's nap time to actually decorate the tree. This is my favorite part. As far back as I can remember my parents have bought ornaments on every trip we have been on. Once Adam and I started taking trips together I started doing the same. I love getting the ornaments out and remembering the places we have been and the memories we have made. I am so glad we started this tradition! Here are some of my favorite ornaments:

We got this one on our trip to Gatlinburg when I was about 6 months pregnant. I love this one. It brings back memories about how excited I was to be pregnant and have a baby right before Christmas that year. 

I got this one on our honeymoon to Disney! That seems like a lifetime ago. 

My friend, Alison, bought this for Adam and I when we were engaged. 


Our first family ornament

 This was one of our first ornaments. I love it! It still takes me back to our carefree days!

Ella's first ornament:) 

I was excited to see how Ella would react to the tree once she woke up from her nap. She walked in the living room, stopped, and said "Oh boy!" I was worried that she would start pulling ornaments off, but she has been really good so far. She has even left the stockings alone. It's a miracle. She likes to walk up to her stocking and tell the little girl on it "hi." Hopefully things continue to go this well. 

Ella's first look at the tree!


Elliott loves laying under the tree. 


Let the holiday season begin!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...