Friday, November 12, 2010

Deceptively Delicious

As I have mentioned before, Ella is a picky eater! Food is the last thing on her priority list. I can count her favorite foods on one hand. I purchased the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook awhile back, but I never really took a good look at it. I went out to dinner with some friends on Monday, and we got to talking about it. I pulled it out the next day and started reading. There are healthier versions of Ella's favorite foods in it so I thought I would give it a shot.

The first recipe I tried out was pancakes...

Ella loves pancakes so I was keeping my fingers crossed she would love this. You add some pureed sweet potatoes to it. You can make your own puree, but I just bought baby food for the first go round! I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first bite. I thought I better try them before Ella to make sure they didn't taste nasty. They actually had a sweet, fruity taste to them. YUMMY!


I was a little nervous for Ella to try them. She is my toughest food critic. You never know what she will like and what she won't. 


Here she is taking her first bite. I was holding my breath at this point. When she doesn't like something it comes right back out of her mouth. I couldn't believe it when she actually ate it. 
My deceptiveness actually worked. If Ella only knew what was in those pancakes. =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...