Thursday, May 19, 2011

29 months


Ella is 29 months old today!

 I can't believe she is almost two and a half. She is growing up so fast and getting to be such a big girl. She weighs almost 30 pounds. She eats like a bird so she probably won't reach the 30 pound mark for another few months. She is finally wearing size six shoe. She is still in diapers, but I am pumping myself up to get her potty trained soon. I am pretty sure she is ready. She usually tells me when she poops, and sometimes she will go lay down in her room when she has peed in her diaper so I will change it.  Unfortunately, she won't sit on her little potty, because she says the seat is cold. I am going to get her little potty seat that fits in the toilet in hopes it isn't as cold. She is very particular! 


Ella has finally caught up (speech wise) with her age. HALLELUJAH! This coming Wednesday will be our last First Steps appointment. It's weird to think back to when we started, and she couldn't say more than ten words. Her vocabulary has grown immensely. She can repeat pretty much anything you say. I am so proud of her. Since first steps is ending she will be starting gymnastics on Wednesday mornings. I am anxious to see how she does. I hope she likes it! 


Ella is such a happy little girl. I love her personality. She is usually pretty easy going and agreeable.  I have noticed as she gets older I get a little less stressed. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments, but most of the time she is a good little girl.  My time with her is just a lot more enjoyable, because it is so much less work than it used to be! 



Ella is currently in a puzzle faze. She loves, loves, loves her puzzles. As soon as she wakes up she asks for them. Six months ago Ella hated puzzles and would not sit still long enough to do them. Her attention span is SO MUCH better than it used to be. I love that she will sit in her room and play for a good hour. She also loves to play with blocks, paint, chalk, and read books.  


Her favorite thing to do is play outside. She is definitely an outdoorsy little girl. She would be content to sit in her swing for hours on end! 


Ella you turned our whole upside down, but we have loved every minute of it! I hope you always stay as sweet as you are right now. We love you to the moon and back! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...