We had such a nice weekend! Friday night my parents came over and watched Ella while Adam and I went out to eat. It is always nice to go out and eat with just Adam. I consider it my one peaceful meal of the week;) Ella really enjoys herself while we are gone. My dad brought his fishing pole and caught a fish. Ella was thrilled. If you ask her how big the fish was she will put both of her arms out and say, "big fish." You have to catch her at just the right moment though. When we came home Ella and my parents were dancing to the Sesame Street theme song. There is never a dull moment when they are around!
Saturday night Adam's mom, step-dad, and sister came over for a Mother's day dinner. My sister in law was so sweet and brought me flowers and a card. It was such a nice surprise! For dinner I made fried tacos (yum!), mexican rice, and homemade salsa and chips. Lacey made some really yummy sugar cookies for dessert. We ate and went down to the lake to throw rocks. Ella loves to go down to the lake.
Sunday we headed over to my mom and dad's for lunch. We had a really fun day. I always enjoy watching the girls play together. It's amazing how much love they have for each other at such a young age. I don't think I have ever heard Autumn laugh as hard as she did yesterday.
It wouldn't be a "normal" day at the Pennell household unless something out of the ordinary happened. I was trying to get the "perfect" picture with Ella. I thought sitting on a bench their neighbor has would be a good place for a picture. The bench is cerement. It looked like it was leaning a little bit, but I didn't think anything of it. Ella and I sat down and I feel the bench start to collapse. I am not quite sure if I went into shock, or it just happened so fast that I didn't get up in time. The bench scraped my leg as it went down. It hurt, but I was still determined to get a picture with Ella. I was standing for a little bit when I realize I have blood running down my leg. I was bleeding pretty badly. My mom cleaned and bandaged it up, and I was good to go. It hurts, but I think I will survive.
We tried to get a picture of the five females yesterday, but it didn't go as well as we would have liked. It is not an easy task to get a picture of two tired two year olds!
I was able to crop a pretty good picture of my mom, Ella, and I. I am so glad I was able to spend Mother's Day with my mom. I hope she knows how much she means to me! I strive to be the mother she is every single day. My mom has been through a lot in her life, and she is one tough lady. She has been a great example for me throughout life. Unfortunately, I am not as frugal and simple as she is, but I think I turned out pretty good otherwise;) Love you mom!
I think I tried 100x to get a picture of Ella and her Mammy yesterday. This was my favorite. Ella is such a lucky girl to have "Mammy" in her life. It's so fun watching them together, because it reminds me of my mom and I when I was a kid. My parents love Ella and Autumn to death, and I know they would do anything for them.
Last, but certainly not least, me and the little girl that made me a mother. She is one special little girl! She is the light of my life and makes everyday fun. All the blood, sweat, and tears are and always will be worth it. My life has changed in every way since I had her, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love her more than life!












No comments:
Post a Comment