We were graced with some pretty crazy storms last night. I was a little bit worried so I put some pillows and blankets in the bathroom before the storm got here. I also put our lanterns and our radio in there just in case the electricity went off.
Of course the storm was supposed to hit around 8:00, which is Ella's bedtime. I decided I better keep her up just in case things got really bad.
I had the news on, but I wasn't really paying attention. I heard Jeff Lyons say that a rotating cloud was spotted on the north side, and if you live North of Boonville-New Harmony Road you need to go in your basement or bathroom. We live right off of Boonville-New Harmony! Ella, Brody, and I headed for the bathroom. Adam had to get Elliott out from under the bed.
We sat in the bathtub and waited for the storm to blow over. Our electricity went off just as soon as the storm started. Thank goodness for our lanterns and our iPad. Ella thought it was so fun hanging out in the bathtub with the boys. She had no clue what was going on. She didn't get to bed until 10:00. Our electricity came back on sometime during the night (thank goodness). Besides the fact our neighbors fence is hanging in our yard we didn't have any damage!

No comments:
Post a Comment