Today has been one of those days. Around 2:00 Ella became very tired and cranky! She has suddenly decided she doesn't need to nap anymore. She hasn't had a nap in probably two weeks now. Last week I was still making her stay in her bed, but this week I thought I would just skip that. I think I am going to go back to that tomorrow. It's a long day for her and I when she doesn't at least rest a little bit. She has also been a little lazy with using the potty today, even though she has been consistently going on the potty since December. Maybe it's the weather!? I had to do laundry tonight, and I washed 8 pairs of wet panties.
The dogs have also been giving me a run for my money. Elliott has started jumping up in the chair as soon as we get up from dinner and trying to eat off our plates that are still on the table. The dog is short and hasn't tried to jump on anything taller than our couch for 6 years. I'm not sure why he has decided to do this all of the sudden. The other day while I was eating Ella told me she had to pee and needed help. On my way back to the table I heard a slurping noise. It was Elliott in my chair eating my food off my plate. Story of my life! Both him and Brody got out today and were out front. I didn't realize this until I heard Elliott barking and growling at three women walking down the street with strollers. I about had a heart attack when I figured out they were out front. It's a zoo around here!
Ella has been so funny lately. She runs around jabbering and singing all the time. She has said some of the funniest stuff. Tonight Adam had her sitting on the counter so he could wash her hands and feet in the sink. She was spraying her feet with the sprayer and she said, "piggies are taking a shower." We went outside earlier today and she said, "It's not cold out here. It's a beautiful summer day." My mom drove her by Adam's work the other day after we ate lunch. She said, "That is daddy's work. I can't do daddy's job." You just never know what is going to come out of her mouth.
Poor Ella was bullied by an 18month old at child watch yesterday at the Y. The 18month old tried to take her bow, and Ella was so upset. When I went in there to pick her up her cheeks were red, and I knew something was wrong. When they told me what happened I couldn't help but laugh a little. One of these days maybe she will learn to toughen up!
We have been LOVING this weather. I'm pretty sure Ella could live outside. I love seeing the flowers bloom and trees bud. This is my favorite time of year. I hope this nice weather sticks around!






No comments:
Post a Comment