Yesterday was a big day at the Bertram household! Ella lost her very first tooth, and she finally walked into school by herself! That's a lot for this mom to take in all in one day.
Ella told me on Thursday night that I could just drop her off at the door the following morning. Since the very first day of kindergarten I have parked, walked her in, waited for the bell to ring, gave her a high five, and watched her walk up. First and second grade parents typically don't go in the building in the morning. They just drive up and drop off. Friday morning I watched Ella walk in by herself for the very first time, and I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears. As much as I love the fact that she is gaining confidence, I am also saddened by the fact that she doesn't need me as much as she used to. Excuse me while I go cry some more...
Ella also lost her very first baby tooth Friday morning. I was SO excited, because we had a dentist appointment scheduled for this coming Monday to have that tooth pulled. The adult tooth has been growing in behind the baby tooth, and it needed to come out asap. We don't have to worry about that now. Ella was excited for the tooth fairy to come and get her name put on the tooth board at school.
I had a little fun, I mean the tooth fairy had a little fun Friday while she was at school. I found a tooth receipt and spray glitter. I sprayed pink glitter on the five dollar bill and receipt She thought that was so cool.
Before the tooth fairy took that tooth I had to get a picture of it. I remember when this tooth came in and now it's gone.
It won't be long before she loses her front teeth and another tooth on the bottom.
My girl is growing up way too fast!

Ok, your little tooth fairy receipt made me giggle! That is such a cute idea! Even though we've never met, I just love reading your blog posts and seeing pictures of your girls; they are the cutest things. You're doing such a great job with both of them :)
ReplyDelete