One year ago today I dropped the dogs off at the groomer and headed straight to Walmart. I bought the cheapest pregnancy test they had, because I KNEW I was not pregnant. I made a b-line for the women's restroom so I could confirm that I really wasn't pregnant. I stood in the stall and watched those two blue lines show up and almost fell over from shock. I was pregnant.
I texted a friend a picture of the test. She immediately called me. I think I said something like, "what am I going to do?" Her response was, "you are going to have a baby." Not me! This was not in our plans! I then called the doctor and asked if they would do a blood test. I still could not believe this was happening. The nurse told me that there was no need for that, because I was indeed pregnant. I can't even remember what I said. I think at this point I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. Once I picked the dogs up from the groomer I headed home. I called my mom on the way home to break the news. She was obviously thrilled, and I couldn't stop crying. I texted Adam on the way home to tell him that he needed to come in the house once I got home. I was scared to death to tell him, because we never intended to have another child.
It took a few days for the shock to wear off for both of us. I had moments of total glee and moments of complete panic. I won't lie when I say I laid in bed and cried on and off about the fact that I was pregnant. What was I going to do with another baby? How am I going to take care of two kids? Is Ella going to be a good big sister? Ella never wanted a sibling and now she was going to have one. The list of worries could go on and on. Our life as we knew it would never be the same.
Flash forward one year...
Life is definitely not the same but has changed for the better. Paige has filled our lives with so much joy and happiness. She has filled a void we didn't even know we had. My days are filled with smiles, giggles, cries, cuddles, and that wonderful baby smell. Life with two kids is busy all the time. Someone constantly needs something, and I have little time for myself. You know what? I wouldn't change it for the world. I was given the greatest gift you could ever ask for, and I will always be grateful for my sweet baby Paige.
No comments:
Post a Comment