We quickly jumped right back into the school routine. This was the second week of school, and I am proud to say Ella is still doing well. It's not easy to get her moving in the morning, but she happily goes to school everyday. Thank goodness!
It is not all rainbows and unicorns though. Ella has had a hard time with me bringing Paige to school to pick her up. I don't always have to bring Paige, because sometimes she is napping. Adam comes in while I pick up Ella. If Paige is awake, I have to take her. As soon as Ella sees me she starts to cry. It's so bad some of the other moms have seen this going on and smile when they see I have Paige with me.They know what's coming! We did have one day of no crying so I'm hoping this is just a phase, and she will get over it. The rough life of a six year old...
Ella also missed her first day of school. She came home not feeling well on Thursday and was running a fever by that night. She continued running a fever the next day but had no other symptoms. Luckily, it was just a 24 hour bug.
Paige started going to kid's club at our gym. I made myself take her, and she of course does fine. It's nice to have an hour to myself to work out. Poor Paige is getting thrown into this stuff a lot earlier than Ella, but I learned the hard way the first go round.
She has that lip down pat!
New pj's on the left. Ready for swim lessons on the right. Ella just completed a full year of swim lessons, and we are onto year two!
Paige is ready to wear some of her fall clothes if the weather would just cooperate!
The happiest baby you will ever meet!
Won't be long and Ella will be missing a front tooth. How can that be!?
Adam and I were able to escape for a little overnight trip to our favorite place (Gaylord opryland). It was SO nice to get away. I shopped til I dropped. We had lunch at my favorite mexican restaurant, Chuy's. We relaxed and had drinks and dinner at the hotel. It was a fun little trip. We definitely appreciate time to ourselves these days.
Too bad this picture of us isn't in focus. You never know what you will get when you ask a random person to take your picture. Bummer!
No comments:
Post a Comment